cartao de cidadao

Request for a Marriage Certificate

I need my Marriage Certificate.
How can I get it?

This service is by postal mail only.

Please send to the Consulate the following documents:

  • Copy of your old certificate OR a copy of a valid Portuguese identification document (if you don’t have any of these documents, write in a paper your full name, date of birth, and full name of your parents);
  • Cover letter explaining the service you require and your contacts (email and cell phone number
  • Money Order payable to "Consulate of Portugal" on the amount of 24,25 (certificate + regular mail). If you require priority mail, the Money Order should be on the amount of 31,65 dólares (certificate + priority mail).
  • The money order must be signed and show your address.

If you require the certificate to be translated to English, it will be necessary the additional amount of 26,66 USD.   

Mail your request to: 628 Pleasant St., Room 204, New Bedford, MA 02740