12-Month Study, Work and Travel Program in Portugal for US Citizens
Portugal and the United States signed in February 2019 a Memorandum of Understanding on Youth Mobility that allows US citizens enrolled in a US accredited post-secondary institution or recent graduates (within 12 months of graduation) to apply for a 12-month Study, Work and Travel Program in Portugal.
Find below more information on how to apply.
How to Apply
· Apply with the consular office of your area of jurisdiction (http://www.embassyportugal-us.org/consulates-in-the-us/);
· Meet the general requirements for a visa, as well as the specific requirements for a temporary stay visa (https://www.vistos.mne.pt/en/national-visas/necessary-documentation/temporary-stay);
- Be a US citizen;
- Hold a US passport valid for a period of over 12 months;
- All travel expenses must be covered by the candidate, including return ticket or proof of sufficient funding for its purchase, as well as proof of funding to cover expenses for the entire duration of the stay;
- Travel and health insure to cover all medical expenses, including hospitalization and medical repatriation, for the duration of the stay.
- Have no criminal record and allow criminal record verification.
- To be enrolled in a US accredited post-secondary institution or be recent graduates (within 12 months of graduation);
- Sign a Declaration stating that the visa application is done under the Memorandum of Understanding on Youth Mobility between Portugal and the US.
- Work is allowed for up to six (6) months. US participants may pursue work or study opportunities in any institution willing to accept them.
E-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org